Monday, August 6, 2012

Nicaraguan Perfume

Last week our volunteer, Bryce, went home. But before he left, we threw together a business seminar. We partnered with an organization that works with entrepreneurs in the area, and one of their representatives spoke for 20 mins or so, and then Bryce taught pretty much an overview of everything that we taught in his normal business class, and I translated.
This is Jamee, preparing to sit through the seminar. This is me,  reviewing my Spanish Business vocabulary, like "Impending Event sales close technique" or describing in detail PF Changs drink menu.



Me, probably trying to explain a concept because I don't know the word for it in Spanish.



Overall, it went pretty well. None of the people that we invited came, but there were still almost 20 others that our partner organization invited. They were all excited and willing to participate.

One guy who was there is a chemist who's just starting his own line of perfume. He gave me a whole bottle for free, and it actually smells really good! And I never wore perfume before, but now I might just have to order it from Nicaragua...

No comments:

Post a Comment